7-inch whole wheat tortillas
ounces jar of roasted, red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
large onion, coarsely chopped
tablespoon olive oil
cup grated fresh mozzarella
Fresh basil, optional
- Toast tortillas directly on stove’s burners (electric or gas) over low heat, turning them once with tongs, until puffed slightly and browned in spots. Let rest on rack.
- Saute onion in olive oil until soft, add in red peppers, then season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 475 degrees.
- Arrange tortillas on large baking sheet and top each with a quarter of the onion-pepper mixture, leaving a narrow border around each pizza. Top with cheese.
- Bake until cheese is melted and edges of tortillas are browned, about 5 minutes.
- Top with fresh basil if desired and serve immediately.