- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 400g lean beef mince
- 100g lean pork mince
- 1 small brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 400g can whole peeled tomatoes
- 1/3 cup semi-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 550g spaghetti, cooked
- Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add mince, onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 6 to 8 minutes or until mince has browned. Add tomato paste, tomato, semi-dried tomatoes, olives, basil and oregano.
- Step 2Reduce heat to medium. Cook, stirring, for 6 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Divide pasta between bowls. Top with sauce. Serve with parmesan.
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Simone Drake
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas