- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 3 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely shredded
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 long fresh green chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 250ml (1 cup) tomato passata
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 20 green prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 1 tablespoon creme fraiche (see Notes)
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander, chopped
- 25g (1/4 cup) flaked natural almonds, toasted
- Fresh coriander sprigs, to serve
- SunRice basmati rice, steamed, to serve
- Step 1Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion, ginger, garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring often, for 7 minutes or until softened.
- Step 2Stir ground coriander and turmeric into onion mixture. Add passata and water. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes to allow the flavours to develop. Add prawns and creme fraiche. Cook for 5 minutes or until prawns are cooked through. Stir in chopped coriander. Season with black pepper. Top with almonds and coriander sprigs. Serve with steamed rice.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Creme fraiche adds rich flavour, and doesn’t curdle when added to the hot curry.
- Author: Alison Adams
- Image credit: Al Richardson
- Publication: Taste Magazine