- 300g dried egg noodles
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken, cooled
- 2 spring onions, shredded
- 1/2 cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 1 cup mint leaves
- 1 cup coriander leaves
- 2 kaffir lime leaves (see note), finely shredded
- Juice of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Step 1Cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, then drain and refresh.
- Step 2Place the noodles, chicken, spring onion, cucumber, carrot, chilli, herbs and kaffir lime leaves in a bowl. Toss to combine. Place the lime juice, sugar, fish sauce and soy sauce in a separate bowl, and stir to combine.
- Step 3To serve, pour dressing over the salad and toss to combine.
- High protein
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Kaffir lime leaves are from selected supermarkets and greengrocers.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Taste.com.au