- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 500g butternut pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 1cm cubes
- 2 green zucchini, coarsely chopped
- 6 eggs, lightly whisked
- 125ml (3/4 cup) thickened cream
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 1/4 cup finely shredded fresh basil leaves
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Mixed salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat grill on high. Heat the oil in a 25cm-diameter (base measurement) non-stick frying pan over high heat. Add the pumpkin and cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden brown and tender. Add the zucchini and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until tender.
- Step 2Meanwhile, whisk the egg and cream together in a medium bowl. Add the feta and basil, and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Pour the egg mixture evenly over the pumpkin mixture. Reduce heat to low and cook for 7-8 minutes or until frittata is set around the edge but still runny in the centre. Cook under preheated grill for a further 5 minutes or until golden brown and just set. Remove from grill.
- Step 4Cut the frittata into wedges and serve immediately with mixed salad leaves, if desired.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Australian Good Taste