- 1.2kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Masterfoods Chilli Flakes
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage, plus 12 whole leaves to serve
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly grated nutmeg
- 350g ricotta
- 1 egg
- 1 cup grated parmesan, plus extra to serve
- 8 fresh lasagne sheets
- 100g unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- Salt, to season
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 190°C.
- Step 2Place the pumpkin on a baking tray, drizzle with oil, sprinkle with chilli flakes and season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Cover with foil and roast for 25 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender. Allow to cool slightly.
- Step 3Puree pumpkin in a food processor with the chopped sage and nutmeg. Set aside. Clean processor, then process the ricotta, egg, parmesan, salt and pepper.
- Step 4Lightly grease a 24cm-square baking dish. Lay 2 lasagne sheets over the base and spread with half the pumpkin. Add another layer of lasagne sheets, then spread with half the ricotta. Repeat process, then sprinkle final layer of ricotta with extra parmesan. Lay a sheet of baking paper over surface, cover with foil and bake for 35 minutes. Uncover and bake for a further 15 minutes or until golden. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Step 5Meanwhile, heat the butter, sage leaves and walnuts in a pan for 1-2 minutes over medium heat until the butter starts to foam. Remove from the heat.
- Step 6Serve the lasagne drizzled with sage butter, scattered with extra parmesan.
- Low carb
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: Taste.com.au