- 400g butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 leek (white part only), sliced
- 1/2 bunch kale, stems removed
- 6 eggs
- 200ml milk
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan
- Pinch ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 4 sheets filo pastry
- Olive oil spray
- 200g ricotta, crumbled
- Toasted pumpkin seeds (pepitas), to serve
- Micro cress, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C and grease four 12cm tart pans. Place pumpkin on a baking tray and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil. Roast for 20 minutes or until tender. Reduce oven to 180°C.
- Step 2Cook leek in a pan of simmering salted water for 3 minutes. Add kale leaves and cook for 2 minutes or until softened. Drain.
- Step 3Beat the eggs, milk, parmesan and spices in a bowl. Cut each filo sheet into four squares, spray with oil, then stack in pans on a slight angle to create a shell. Divide the roasted pumpkin, leek mixture and ricotta among shells, season, then pour over the egg mixture. Bake for 20 minutes or until set and golden.
- Step 4Garnish with pumpkin seeds and cress, if using, then serve.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Micro cress is from selected green grocers; substitute flat-leaf parsley.
- Author: Jill Dupleix
- Image credit: Andy Lewis
- Publication: Taste.com.au