- 8 wholegrain tortillas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 350g Butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 capsicum, halved, deseeded, cut into 1cm pieces
- 2 x 425g cans baked beans
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chilli powder (optional)
- 1 bunch fresh coriander
- 1/2 iceberg lettuce, finely shredded
- 1 avocado, halved, stone removed, peeled, chopped
- 120g (1 1/2 cups) coarsely grated cheddar
- 200g light sour cream
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Wrap the tortillas in foil and place in oven for 15 minutes or until heated through.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook the pumpkin and capsicum, stirring often, for 8 minutes or until soft. Add beans, cumin and chilli powder. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Cook for 5 minutes or until heated through. While bean mixture is cooking, reserve 1/4 cup of coriander sprigs. Coarsely chop remaining coriander. Stir chopped coriander into the bean mixture.
- Step 3Divide the tortillas among serving plates. Arrange the lettuce, bean mixture, avocado and cheddar over the tortillas. Top with the reserved coriander sprigs and serve with the sour cream.
With a twist: Bean stuffed potato with pumpkin and avocado: Replace tortillas with 4 large Lady Christl potatoes. Wrap in foil. Preheat oven to 180C. Bake for 1 hour. Cut a deep cross in the top. Top with lettuce, bean mixture, avocado, cheddar and sour cream.
- Author: Leanne Kitchen
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Australian Good Taste