- 200g (1 cup) jasmine rice
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 500ml (2 cups) boiling water
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 x 100g pkt macadamia nuts
- 1 red onion, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1kg Kent pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 2cm pieces
- 1 x 100g pkt baby spinach leaves
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Step 1Place the rice, lime leaves and water in a saucepan over high heat. Cover and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, covered, for 12 minutes. Set aside, covered, for 5 minutes. Use a fork to separate the grains.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a wok over medium heat. Add the macadamia nuts and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a heatproof bowl.
- Step 3Add the onion to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add ginger and garlic and stir-fry for 1 minute. Transfer to the bowl.
- Step 4Heat the remaining oil in the wok over high heat. Add the pumpkin and stir-fry for 7 minutes or until just tender. Add the onion mixture, spinach, soy sauce, oyster sauce and honey, and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until the spinach wilts.
- Step 5Divide the rice among serving bowls. Top with pumpkin mixture. Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kathy Knudsen
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste