- 600g (about 2 bunches) English spinach, stems trimmed
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 350g fresh ricotta cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 150g parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 250g fresh lasagne pasta sheets
- 600g butternut pumpkin, deseeded, peeled, cut into 3mm-thick slices
- 200g mozzarella cheese, thinly sliced
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Rinse spinach in cold water. Place, with water clinging, in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on HIGH (100%) for 2 minutes or until wilted. Remove cover. Allow to cool for 5 minutes. Drain. Squeeze to remove excess water. Set spinach aside.
- Step 2Combine cream, ricotta, egg yolks and 1 cup parmesan in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Stir until well combined.
- Step 3Grease a 10-cup capacity, 5cm-deep, 16cm x 25cm (base) rectangular baking dish. Cover base with 1 layer pasta sheets, cutting to fit. Top with one-third of the ricotta mixture. Top with half the spinach and half the pumpkin. Repeat layers, finishing with remaining ricotta mixture. Cover with another layer pasta sheets. Top with mozzarella and remaining parmesan.
- Step 4Bake, uncovered, for 50 minutes or until pumpkin is tender. Stand lasagne for 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Annette Forrest
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas