Our Pumpkin and chive mash makes a smashing side dish!
- 600g golden delight potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 1kg butternut pumpkin, peeled, chopped
- 2 tablespoons light sour cream
- 2 tablespoons roughly chopped fresh chives
- Step 1Cook potato in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water for 12 to 15 minutes, adding pumpkin to pan for last 8 minutes of cooking, or until tender. Drain.
- Step 2Return potato and pumpkin to pan over low heat. Add sour cream. Mash until smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Stir in chives. Serve.
All nutrition values are per serve
Serve with lamb stew or beef sausages.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas
Leave a Reply