- 4 x 180g kingfish fillets with skin on
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- Grated zest of 1 lemon
- 600g vine-ripened tomatoes, seeds removed, chopped
- 2 anchovy fillets in oil, drained, chopped
- 2 tablespoons capers, rinsed, drained
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 50g pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 cups baby spinach or rocket
- Step 1Season kingfish with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Cook fish, skin-side down, for 3 minutes, then turn and cook for a further 3 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate, cover with foil and rest while you make the sauce.
- Step 3Heat remaining oil in the same pan over low heat. Add garlic, lemon zest and a little salt and pepper and stir for 2-3 minutes until soft but not coloured. Stir in tomato, anchovy, capers, vinegar and sugar, then partially cover. Cook for 3-4 minutes until tomato softens. Stir in olives and parsley.
- Step 4Serve fish with sauce and baby spinach.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Louise Pickford
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Taste.com.au