- 400g shell pasta
- 1/4 cup store-bought pesto
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into 4cm lengths
- 8 slices prosciutto, torn into large pieces
- 150g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 small Spanish onion, thinly sliced
- salt and cracked black pepper, to serve
- Step 1Cook the pasta according to instructions on packet or until al dente. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Step 2Mix together the pesto and sour cream with 2 tablespoons water and set aside.
- Step 3Blanch asparagus by placing into boiling water and simmer until it turns bright green, then plunge into iced water and drain.
- Step 4To serve, place the pasta in a large bowl with the prosciutto, tomatoes, asparagus, onion, salt and pepper. Gently toss together. Transfer the salad to a serving bowl. Serve topped with pesto mixture.
- Author: Kate Murdoch
- Image credit: Tanya Zouev
- Publication: Taste.com.au