- 270ml can coconut cream
- 1 tablespoon Maesri Red Curry Paste
- 250g Butternut pumpkin, peeled, cut into 2cm pieces
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 4 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded
- 16 peeled green prawns
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- Steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Step 1Heat a wok over medium heat. Spoon the thick top layer of the coconut cream into the wok. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add the curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic.
- Step 2Stir in the pumpkin. Add the coconut milk, remaining coconut cream and half the lime leaves. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 12-15 minutes or until the pumpkin is tender.
- Step 3Add the prawns and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until prawns change colour. Stir in the fish sauce. Divide rice and curry among serving dishes. Top with the remaining lime leaves.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Alison Adams
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Australian Good Taste