- 1 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 12 small chat potatoes
- 400ml coconut milk
- 400g peeled green prawns
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon lime juice, plus lime wedges to serve
- Thai basil (see note), to garnish
- Fresh coriander, to garnish
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Step 1Heat the oil in a deep frypan or wok over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until softened but not coloured. Add garlic and chilli and cook for a further minute, then add curry paste and cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes until fragrant. Add potatoes, coconut milk and 400ml water. Bring to the boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes until potatoes are almost tender.
- Step 2Add prawns and cook for 2 minutes or until prawns are cooked through and potato is tender, then stir in fish sauce and lime juice. Remove from the heat and stir through basil and coriander.
- Step 3Serve the curry with rice and lime wedges to squeeze over.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
Thai basil is available from Asian food shops and selected supermarkets. Substitute regular basil.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: Taste.com.au