- 1897 kj Energy
- 6g Fat Total
- 1g Saturated Fat
- 3g Fibre
- 33g Protein
- 190mg Cholesterol
- 844.51mg Sodium
- 4g Carbs (sugar)
- 64g Carbs (total)
All nutrition values are per serve
Prawn paellaPrint Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely chopped
- 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, coarsely chopped
- 300g (1 1/2 cups) white long-grain rice
- 2 Massel vegetable stock cubes
- 1L (4 cups) boiling water
- 750g medium green prawns, peeled leaving tails intact
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh continental parsley
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Heat the oil in a paella pan or large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion is soft. Add the paprika and turmeric. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until aromatic. Stir in the tomato and capsicum.
- Step 2Add the rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Combine the stock cubes and water in a heatproof jug. Add to the pan and cook, stirring occasionally, for 15 minutes.
- Step 3Arrange the prawns on top of the rice. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until the rice is tender and the prawns curl and change colour. Sprinkle with the parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Time-saving tip: To save prep time, use frozen peeled prawns, thawed.
With a twist: Chicken paella: Replace the prawns with 6 chicken thigh fillets, thinly sliced. Replace the vegetable stock with chicken stock. Add the chicken to the pan with the onion in step 1.
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste
Leave a Reply