- 250g dried egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, plus extra, for tossing
- 800g green prawns, peeled, tails intact
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 2 garlic cloves, grated
- 6 red (Asian) eschalots or regular (golden) eschalots, finely chopped
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar*
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Sliced spring onions, to serve
- Step 1Cook noodles according to packet instructions, then drain and toss in a little extra oil. Set aside.
- Step 2Heat oil in a wok over high heat, add prawns and cook for 1 minute each side, remove. Add ginger, garlic and eschalots, then stir for 1 minute, until softened but not brown. Add sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and 1/3 cup water. Simmer over low heat for 1 minute, then return prawns and noodles to wok. Add spinach and combine. Serve garnished with spring onion.
- High protein
* From Asian and selected supermarkets.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Taste.com.au