2046 kj Energy
24.6g Fat Total
5.3g Saturated Fat
27.4g Carbs (total)
Prawn fajitas with spicy avocado & tomato salsaPrint Recipe
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 20 green prawns (about 1kg), peeled, deveined
- 4 x 25cm flour tortillas, warmed according to packet instructions
- 1 large avocado, diced
- 1 large tomato, seeds removed, diced
- 1 small red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh coriander
- Juice of 1/2-1 lime, to taste
- Step 1For the salsa, place ingredients in a bowl, stir gently to combine, then set aside.
- Step 2Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a frypan over medium heat. Add the onion, capsicum, garlic and ground coriander and cook, stirring, for 8 minutes until softened. Transfer to a bowl and keep warm.
- Step 3Heat remaining oil in the same pan over medium heat. Add the prawns and cook, stirring, for 2-3 minutes until they turn pink and are cooked through. Combine the prawns with the onion mixture.
- Step 4Divide the prawn mixture among warm tortillas, top with salsa, then wrap and serve immediately.
- Author: Louise Pickford
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Taste.com.au