- 2 1/2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1kg green king prawns, peeled, tails intact, deveined
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 4 green onions, cut into 5cm pieces
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, halved crossways
- 1 bunch choy sum, trimmed, stems chopped, leaves separated
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
Satay and coconut cream stir-fry sauce
- 1/2 cup satay sauce
- 1/4 cup coconut cream
- 2 teaspoons kecap manis or soy sauce
- Step 1Make sauce: Place satay sauce, coconut cream and kecap manis in a bowl or jug. Whisk with a fork until well combined.
- Step 2Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add 1 1/2 tablespoons oil and swirl to coat. Add prawns and sprinkle with sugar. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until prawns turn pink. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 3Add remaining 1 tablespoon oil to wok. Add green onions, asparagus, choy sum stems and garlic. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until asparagus is just tender.
- Step 4Return prawns to wok. Add choy sum leaves and sauce. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon over rice and serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Annette Forrest
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas