- 1 1/2 cups firmly packed fresh basil leaves, plus extra leaves, to serve
- 40g baby spinach leaves, plus extra, to serve
- 40g (1/2 cup) finely grated parmesan, plus extra, to serve
- 55g (1/3 cup) pine nuts, toasted, plus extra, to serve
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 80ml (1/3 cup) extra virgin olive oil, plus extra, to serve
- 375g packet wholemeal spaghetti
- 2 large zucchini, cut into long thin matchsticks
- Step 1Place the basil leaves, spinach, parmesan, pine nuts and garlic in a food processor and process until the mixture is finely chopped. With the motor running, add the oil in a slow steady stream until smooth and combined. Season well. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- Step 2Cook the pasta in a large saucepan of boiling salted water, following the packet directions, until al dente, adding the zucchini for the last 30 seconds of cooking. Drain, reserving 1⁄3 cup of the cooking liquid.
- Step 3Return the pasta mixture and reserved cooking liquid to the saucepan. Stir in the pesto. Toss to combine. Divide among bowls. Drizzle with extra oil and top with the extra basil leaves, spinach, parmesan and pine nuts.
- High fibre
- Low carb
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Guy Bailey
- Publication: Taste Magazine