- 25g butter
- 2 leeks, washed, trimmed, sliced
- 600g potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 7 cups (1.75L) water
- 500g ham hock
- 3 flat-leaf parsley stalks
- salt and cracked black pepper
- chopped chives, to serve
- Step 1Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add leek and cook for 3 minutes or until soft (do not brown).
- Step 2Add potato, water, ham and parsley and bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 1 hour or until ham is soft. Remove ham and transfer to a plate to cool slightly. Remove soup from heat and set aside.
- Step 3Shred the ham roughly. Remove parsley stalks from soup. Using a hand blender, process the soup until smooth. Return 3/4 ham to soup and return pan to the heat for 2 minutes or until soup is warmed through. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup between serving bowls and top with remaining ham and chives. Serve immediately.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kate Murdoch
- Image credit: Emma Reilly
- Publication: Taste.com.au