- 750g Baby Coliban (Chat) potatoes (see note)
- 1 chorizo sausage, thinly sliced (see note)
- 1 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
- 85g (1/2 cup) stuffed green olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 60ml (1/4 cup) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon caster sugar
- Step 1Cook the potatoes in a large saucepan of boiling water for 7 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Set aside to cool slightly. Cut the potatoes in half and place in a large bowl.
- Step 2Heat a frying pan over high heat. Cook the chorizo for 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add the chorizo, parsley, olives and chives to the potato.
- Step 3Whisk the oil, vinegar, lemon rind, paprika, cumin and sugar in a bowl until well combined. Drizzle the dressing over the potato mixture. Toss to combine.
If Baby Coliban (Chat) potatoes are unavailable, use small Lady Christl potatoes.
Use a gluten-free chorizo sausage to make this recipe gluten free.
Picnic tip: For good food safety, store the salad in an airtight container in the fridge until just before leaving and transport in your esky or cooler bag.
- Author: Cynthia Black
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste