- 600g pork scotch fillet, cut into 2cm pieces
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 60ml (1/4 cup) lemon juice
- 80ml (1/3 cup) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- Pinch of saffron threads
- 450g pkt SunRice Long Grain White Rice in 90 seconds
- 300g (2 cups) frozen peas
- 100g green round beans, halved
- 1 zucchini, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- Step 1Combine the pork, garlic, paprika, oregano and lemon juice in a bowl. Set aside for 10 minutes to marinate. Thread onto soaked bamboo skewers.
- Step 2Preheat chargrill on high. Cook the skewers, in 2 batches, for 3 minutes each side or until just cooked. Transfer to a plate. Keep warm.
- Step 3Meanwhile, combine the stock and saffron in a heatproof bowl. Cover and microwave on High/800watts/100% for 3 minutes. Set aside for 3 minutes to develop the flavours.
- Step 4Stir in the rice, peas, beans and zucchini. Toss to combine. Cover and microwave on High/800watts/100%, stirring halfway through cooking, for 3 minutes or until rice is heated and vegetables are tender. Serve with the skewers.
- Diabetes friendly
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sonja Bernyk
- Image credit: Chris Jones
- Publication: Australian Good Taste