- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 thick pork sausages
- 1 large red onion, cut into wedges
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 800g can diced tomatoes
- 270g jar chargrilled capsicums, drained
- 1 1/2 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 1/2 cups couscous
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/3 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 100g low-fat feta, crumbled
- Step 1Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over high heat. Cook sausages for 10 minutes or until browned all over and cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel.
- Step 2Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add coriander and cumin. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Step 3Add diced tomatoes, 1/2 cup cold water, capsicum and sausages. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cook for 10 minutes or until sauce thickens.
- Step 4Meanwhile, bring stock to the boil over high heat. Place couscous in a large heatproof bowl. Add stock. Cover. Stand for 3 to 5 minutes or until liquid has absorbed. Stir with fork to separate grains. Stir in almonds, parsley and fetta. Serve couscous with sausage stew.
- High fibre
- Low carb
Prepare in advance: Make pork sausage stew with almond couscous to the end of step 1. Transfer to a plate. Cool. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Craig Wall & Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas