- 1 teaspoon hot English mustard
- 2 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 4 x 200g pork cutlets, trimmed
- 6 nectarines
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Steamed white rice, to serve
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 180C.
- Step 2Combine mustard and 1 tablespoon of the honey in a small bowl. Brush pork cutlets with the marinade and set aside.
- Step 3Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the nectarines and cook for 20-30 seconds, depending on the ripeness. Remove and refresh in iced water. Remove the skin and stones from the nectarines, then discard. Roughly chop the flesh.
- Step 4Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a saucepan over low heat, add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft. Add nectarine flesh, vinegar, sugar, mustard seeds and remaining honey, then season. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until thickened. Stir in coriander and set aside.
- Step 5Add remaining tablespoon of olive oil to a large frypan or brush over a barbecue. Cook pork over medium heat for 2-3 minutes each side to brown, then transfer to the oven for a further 5 minutes or until cooked through.
- Step 6Serve cutlets with the nectarine chutney, salad leaves and steamed rice.
- Diabetes friendly
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Luke Burgess
- Publication: Taste.com.au