- 8 small carrots, trimmed, peeled, halved lengthways
- 6 small parsnips, peeled, quartered lengthways
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (200g each) pork cutlets
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220ºC/200ºC fan-forced.
- Step 2Place carrot and parsnip in a large ceramic baking dish. Combine maple syrup, thyme and half the oil in a bowl. Pour over carrot and parsnip. Toss to coat. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Step 3Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over medium-low heat. Cook pork for 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. Serve with carrot and parsnip.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
Budget tip: Use maple-flavoured syrup instead of maple and save around $2.19 in total.
- Author: Jenny Fanshaw
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas