- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 300g button mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 350g pork and veal mince
- 500g jar napolitana pasta sauce
- 1/2 x 375g packet (4 sheets) fresh lasagna
- 530g jar pasta bake bechamel lasagne sauce
- 2/3 cup grated pizza cheese
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Grease a 6 cup-capacity, 5cm-deep, 17cm x 28cm (base) baking dish.
- Step 2Heat oil in a frying pan over high heat. Cook mushrooms, stirring, for 6 minutes or until tender and liquid evaporated. Transfer to a bowl.
- Step 3Cook, stirring with a wooden spoon to break up mince, for 3 to 4 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Add napolitana sauce. Bring to the boil. Simmer for 3 minutes or until heated through. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Spoon one-third mince mixture into prepared dish. Top with 1 lasagne sheet, trimming to fit. Top with half the remaining mince mixture and 1/2 cup bechamel sauce. Top with 1 remaining lasagne sheet, trimming to fit. Top with mushroom and 1/2 cup bechamel sauce. Top with 1 remaining lasagne sheet, remaining mince mixture and 1/2 cup bechamel sauce. Top with remaining lasagne sheet and bechamel sauce. Sprinkle with cheese.
- Step 5Bake for 30 minutes or until pasta is tender and cheese golden. Stand for 10 minutes. Serve.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
To freeze: Cover cooled lasagne with plastic wrap, then foil. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in fridge overnight.
- Author: Lucy Nunes
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Super Food Ideas