- 500g orange sweet potato, peeled, cubed
- 600g pork fillet, cubed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1/3 cup wholegrain mustard
- Chopped chives, to serve
- Apple sauce, to serve
- Step 1Place potato and 2 tablespoons water in a heatproof, microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, covered, on high (100%) for 4 to 5 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Set aside to cool.
- Step 2Thread pork and potato onto 8 skewers. Place in a dish. Drizzle with oil. Sprinkle with cumin. Turn to coat.
- Step 3Preheat a barbecue plate or chargrill on medium heat. Cook skewers, turning occasionally, for 6 to 8 minutes or until pork is cooked through and potato is browned. Remove to a plate. Set aside, covered, for 5 minutes to rest.
- Step 4Brush skewers with mustard. Sprinkle with chives. Serve with apple sauce.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
You will need 8 pre-soaked skewers.
- Author: Amanda Shearer
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas