- 250g pork mince
- 1/2 x 227g can water chestnuts, drained, finely chopped (see note)
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup plum sauce
- 30 (275g packet) gow gee wrappers
- Step 1Place mince, chestnuts, garlic, coriander and plum sauce in a bowl. Stir to combine.
- Step 2Place wrappers on a flat surface. Spoon 2 teaspoons mince mixture onto the centre of each wrapper. Brush edges with cold water. Fold up sides to form a round pouch. Pinch to enclose filling. Place on a tray lined with baking paper.
- Step 3Place a steamer lined with baking paper over simmering water. Cook dumplings, in batches, for 15 minutes or until tender and cooked through. Serve.
Look for canned water chestnuts in the Asian section of supermarkets.
Serve dumplings with a dipping sauce such as Chinese black vinegar, soy sauce, hot chilli sauce, plum sauce, sweet and sour sauce or sweet chilli sauce.
Look for gow gee and wonton wrappers in the chilled noodle section of the supermarket and Asian grocery stores.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas