- 1/2 cup (150g) gluten-free whole-egg mayonnaise
- 185g can tuna in olive oil, drained
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon salted capers, rinsed, drained
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 4 x 170g chicken breast fillets
- 1/4 preserved lemon (see note)
- 1/2 cup (80g) chopped kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Rocket leaves, to serve
- Step 1Blend mayonnaise, tuna, lemon juice, capers and 2 tablespoons stock in a food processor until smooth. Transfer sauce to a bowl, then cover and chill until needed.
- Step 2Bring wine and remaining stock to the boil in a pan over high heat. Add chicken, reduce heat to low and simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat and stand with lid on for 10 minutes to finish cooking, then drain (you can keep liquid for another use).
- Step 3Meanwhile, discard white pith and flesh from preserved lemon, then finely chop rind. Mix with olives and parsley in a bowl.
- Step 4Thickly slice chicken and serve on the sauce, with lemon salsa and rocket.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Preserved lemon are available from gourmet food shops and delis.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Taste.com.au