- 5 cups (1.25L) water
- 1 brown onion, halved
- 2 sprigs flat-leaf parsley
- 6 black peppercorns
- 2 (about 500g) chicken breast fillets
- 400g kipfler potatoes, peeled
- 1/2 cup (125ml) natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives, plus extra to garnish
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 4 celery sticks, trimmed, cut into 4cm-long batons
- 6 small radishes, trimmed, washed, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch watercress, washed, leaves picked
- Step 1Place the water, onion, parsley, peppercorns and a pinch of salt in a large saucepan over medium heat. Bring to the boil. Add the chicken and cover with a lid. Remove from the heat and set aside for 30 minutes to poach. Remove chicken from the poaching liquid and set aside to cool. Thinly slice.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place the potatoes in a steamer basket over a saucepan of boiling water. Cook, covered, for 10-12 minutes or until tender. Refresh under cold running water, drain well. Set aside to cool slightly. Cut into 2cm-thick slices.
- Step 3Combine the yoghurt, lemon juice, chives and hot water in a small bowl.
- Step 4Place the potatoes, chicken, celery, radish slices and yoghurt dressing in a large bowl and gently toss to coat in the dressing. Divide the watercress between serving plates, top with chicken salad and sprinkle with extra chives to serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Amanda McLauchlan
- Publication: Notebook: