- 100g snow peas, trimmed and halved diagonally
- 3 chicken breast fillets, trimmed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 1 bunch watercress, trimmed and sprigs separated
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 200g cherry tomatoes, halved
- Step 1Place a large deep frying pan filled with water over high heat and bring to the boil. Blanche the snow peas until tender and remove with a slotted spoon. Reduce heat to a gentle simmer and add the chicken breasts, making sure they are fully submerged. Poach the chicken for 5 minutes on one side, then turn and poach for another 5 minutes. Remove and set aside to cool slightly.
- Step 2Meanwhile, whisk together the lemon juice, Dijon mustard, oil, salt and pepper until well combined. Set aside.
- Step 3To serve, cut the chicken into thick slices. Arrange chicken on serving plates with the watercress, avocado, snow pea and tomato. Drizzle with the lemon dressing and serve immediately.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kate Murdoch
- Image credit: Oliver Ford
- Publication: Taste.com.au