- 4 chicken breast fillets (about 170g each)
- 180g soba noodles (see note)
- 1 carrot, cut into matchsticks
- 1 red capsicum, thinly sliced
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch spring onions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- Step 1Place the chicken in a saucepan with enough cold water to cover by 5cm. Bring to the boil, then simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes or until cooked through. Remove chicken from the pan and set aside to cool.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook the soba noodles according to packet instructions. Drain, rinse in cold water, then drain again and place in a bowl with the carrot, capsicum, chilli and spring onion. Shred the cooled chicken and add to the bowl.
- Step 3Place the vinegar, sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar and 2 tablespoons cold water in a jug. Whisk to combine and dissolve sugar.
- Step 4Add the soy dressing to the noodles and toss well to combine, then divide the salad among bowls and serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Japanese buckwheat noodles from selected supermarkets and Asian shops.
- Author: Louise Pickford
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Taste.com.au