- 250g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (55g) caster sugar
- 4 eggs
- 175g softened unsalted butter
- 175g brown sugar
- 200g self-raising flour, sifted
- 400g plums, seeds removed, sliced
- Icing sugar, to dust
White chocolate custard
- 1 cup (250ml) milk
- 300ml thickened cream
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 tablespoons cornflour
- 1/2 cup (110g) caster sugar
- 100g white chocolate, finely chopped
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease and line an 18cm x 28cm lamington pan.
- Step 2Add cream cheese, vanilla, caster sugar and 1 egg to the bowl of an electric mixer and beat for 2-3 minutes until smooth.
- Step 3Place butter, brown sugar, flour and remaining 3 eggs in a clean bowl and beat for 2-3 minutes until creamy. Spread half the flour mixture in the tray followed by half the cream cheese mixture, swirling to gently combine, then top with half the plums. Top with remaining flour mixture, cream cheese mixture and plums. Bake for 45 minutes or until golden.
- Step 4For the custard, heat the milk and cream in a saucepan over medium heat to just below boiling point. Whisk together yolks, cornflour and sugar until combined, then pour the hot cream mixture over the egg mixture. Transfer to a clean saucepan and cook, stirring, over low heat for 4-5 minutes until custard coats the back of a spoon. Remove from heat, add the chocolate and stir until smooth.
- Step 5Dust the plum tray bake with icing sugar, then slice and serve with warm chocolate custard.
- High fibre
- High protein
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: Taste.com.au