- 1/2 x 500g packet large dried pasta shells
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 8 (175g) rindless shortcut bacon rashers, sliced
- 1 large red capsicum, chopped
- 100g small cap mushrooms, sliced
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat grated pizza cheese
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C/ 180°C fan-forced. Grease an 8 cup-capacity ovenproof baking dish. Cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water following packet directions until tender. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat a nonstick frying pan over medium heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until onion has softened. Add capsicum and mushroom. Cook for 3 minutes or until vegetables are just tender. Stir in tomato. Remove from heat.
- Step 3Preheat grill on high. Carefully spoon 1 tablespoon vegetable mixture into each pasta shell. Arrange shells, open side up, in prepared dish. Top fillings with cheese.
- Step 4Grill for 3 minutes or until cheese is golden and melted. Serve with salad leaves.
Cooking class: Filling pasta: Carefully spoon 1 tablespoon vegetable mixture into each pasta shell. Place shells, open side up, in prepared dish. Adults will need to help younger children with hot pasta.
- Author: Emma Braz
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas