- 1/2 cup plain flour
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pistachios
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 8 (80g each) pork medallions
- Vegetable oil for shallow-frying
- Mashed potato, to serve
- Steamed green beans, to serve
- Step 1Place flour on a plate. Whisk milk and egg together in a bowl. Combine breadcrumbs, pistachios and lemon rind on a plate.
- Step 2Using a meat mallet, pound pork steaks until 1cm thick. Coat 1 piece of pork in flour, shaking off excess. Dip in egg mixture. Coat in breadcrumb mixture. Place on a plate. Repeat with remaining pork, flour, egg and breadcrumb mixture.
- Step 3Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook pork, in 2 batches, for 3 to 4 minutes each side or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Serve with mash and beans.
- Low carb
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas