Author Notes: My mom always made this on Thanksgiving when I was growing up. I always look forward to seeing the first batch of fresh cranberries arrive so I can get my fix! Mom always made it with walnuts. But, living in TX, I usually use my local pecans. It’s all good! —caramiller
Serves: a big bowl full
ounces Fresh Cranberries
ounces Can of crushed Pineapple
cup Crushed Walnuts or Pecans
handful Brown sugar (optional)
- Wash and pick through cranberries
- Place cranberries in a saucepan with just enough water that they are floating.
- Bring to boil and then let simmer for about 15-20 minutes until the cranberries break apart.
- Turn off the heat.
- Mix in pineapple and nuts.
- Add sugar if you prefer sweeter, but the pineapple really sweetens it up enough for my taste buds.
- Serve with your favorite Fall meal!