- 1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 1/3 cups reduced-fat milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 20g butter, melted
- Canola oil cooking spray
- Butter, to serve
- Jam, to serve
- Step 1Sift flour and sugar into a bowl. Make a well in the centre. Whisk milk, vanilla and eggs in a jug until combined. Add to flour mixture. Whisk until just combined. Add butter. Whisk to combine.
- Step 2Lightly spray a non-stick frying pan with oil. Heat over medium heat. Cook rounded tablespoons of batter, in batches, for 1 to 2 minutes or until small bubbles appear on surface. Turn. Cook for 1 to 2 minutes or until cooked through.
- Step 3Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with butter and jam.
Freezing information: To freeze: Place cooled pikelets, in a single layer, in a large snap-lock bag. Freeze for up to 3 months.
To thaw: Thaw at room temperature. Serve warm or at room temperature.
To reheat: Place a single layer of frozen pikelets on a plate. Cover with paper towel. Microwave on high (100%) 10 to 20 seconds, turning halfway through. Serve.
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas