- 1 cup dried risoni pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (185g each) lamb forequarter chops
- 1/3 cup sun-dried tomato pesto
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 small red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Step 1Cook pasta in a saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Place in a large bowl. Add half the oil. Toss to combine.
- Step 2Place chops on a plate. Spread 1 teaspoon pesto over each side of chops. Place zucchini, tomato and remaining oil in a bowl. Toss to coat. Heat a greased barbecue plate or chargrill over medium-high heat. Cook vegetables for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden and tender. Add to pasta with onion and vinegar.
- Step 3Cook chops for 4 to 5 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Dollop with remaining pesto. Serve with pasta mixture.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Budget tip: Use 4 roma tomatoes, cut in half, instead of cherry tomatoes and save around $1.38 in total.
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas