- 1 zucchini, thickly sliced
- 1 small eggplant, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 2 baby fennel, trimmed, quartered
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, quartered
- 25g butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons sun-dried tomato pesto
- 4 chicken marylands
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil leaves
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced.
- Step 2Place zucchini, eggplant, capsicum and fennel in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with oil. Turn to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Place lemon on vegetables.
- Step 3Combine butter and pesto in a small bowl. Using a sharp knife, make 4 x 1cm-deep cuts across the top of each piece of chicken. Rub 3/4 of the pesto butter over chicken.
- Step 4Place chicken on top of vegetables. Roast for 50 to 55 minutes or until chicken is browned and cooked through, and vegetables are tender.
- Step 5Transfer chicken to a plate. Drain any excess oil from vegetables. Add beans and basil. Toss to combine. Serve chicken and vegetables with remaining pesto butter.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Lower gi
Prepare in advance: Make step 3 of the recipe. Place chicken in a glass or ceramic baking dish. Cover. Refrigerate for up to 2 days.
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: Guy Bailey
- Publication: Super Food Ideas