- 105g (3/4 cup) canister Gravox Pepper Sauce powder
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 90g (1 cup) dried (packaged) breadcrumbs
- 400g chicken tenderloins, halved lengthways
- Vegetable oil, to shallow-fry
- 2 x 290g pkts Complete Caesar Salad
- Step 1Line a baking tray with baking paper. Reserve 2 tablespoons of pepper sauce powder. Place the remaining pepper sauce powder and egg in separate shallow bowls. Combine the breadcrumbs and reserved pepper sauce powder on a large plate. Dip 1 chicken tenderloin in the pepper sauce powder. shake off any excess. Dip in the egg then in the breadcrumb mixture, pressing firmly to coat. Place chicken on prepared tray. Repeat with remaining chicken, pepper sauce, egg and breadcrumb mixture. cover. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to chill.
- Step 2Add oil to a frying pan to reach a depth of 1cm. heat over medium-high heat. Cook one-third of the chicken for 1 minute each side or until golden and just cooked through. Transfer to a tray lined with paper towel. Repeat, in 2 more batches, with remaining chicken, reheating the pan between batches.
- Step 3Place the lettuce and 1 sachet of bacon, croutons and parmesan from the salad kits in a bowl. Add 1 sachet of the dressing and toss to combine. Divide among plates. Top with chicken and remaining bacon, croutons and parmesan. Top with remaining dressing.
Crispy schnitzel and crunchy croutons make this caesar salad a family-friendly meal.
- Author: Kerrie Ray
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste