- 1 x 350g pkt fresh egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1/3 cup (60g) blanched almonds
- 400g beef fillet, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch broccolini, sliced diagonally
- 1 bunch baby choy sum, trimmed
- 2 teaspoons cracked black pepper
- 1 teaspoon Chinese five-spice
- 1/4 cup (60ml) char siu sauce
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing wine
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 4 green onions, trimmed, thinly sliced
- Step 1Place the noodles in a large heatproof bowl and cover with boiling water. Use a fork to separate the noodles. Set aside for 5 minutes to heat through. Drain well.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat half the oil in a wok over high heat. Add the almonds and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until toasted. Transfer to a bowl.
- Step 3Add one-quarter of the beef to the wok and stir-fry for 1 minute or until brown. Transfer to a bowl. Repeat in 3 more batches with remaining beef, reheating wok and adding more oil between each batch.
- Step 4Add the broccolini and choy sum to the wok with the almonds, beef, pepper and five-spice and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add the char siu sauce, wine, soy sauce and green onions and stir-fry for 1 minute or until broccolini and choy sum just wilt. Remove from heat.
- Step 5Divide noodles evenly among serving.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Chris Chen
- Publication: Notebook: