- 750g pumpkin, peeled, deseeded, cut into 1cm pieces
- Olive oil spray
- 2 medium zucchini, trimmed, halved lengthways, cut diagonally into 1cm-thick slices
- 250g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 300g penne rigate
- 125g (1/2 cup) low-fat ricotta
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the pumpkin on lined tray. Spray with olive oil spray. Roast for 10 minutes.
- Step 2Add the zucchini and tomato to the tray. Drizzle over the vinegar. Season with pepper. Roast for a further 10 minutes or until the tomato softens slightly.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions or until al dente. Drain and return to the pan.
- Step 4Add the roasted vegetables to the pasta and toss to combine. Combine the ricotta, chives, basil and lemon rind in a small bowl.
- Step 5Divide the pasta mixture among serving bowls. Top with a dollop of the ricotta mixture to serve.
- Heart friendly
- High carb
- Low cholesterol
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
For extra protein, add drained, flaked canned tuna to the pasta in step 4.
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste