- 650g butternut pumpkin, peeled and seeded
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- 400g penne rigate
- 4 rashers bacon, rind removed
- extra 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup torn basil leaves
- 2 tablespoons pinenuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup crumbled ricotta
- shaved parmesan, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 220°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Cut the pumpkin into 2cm cubes and toss with the olive oil, salt and pepper. Place on the tray and cook for 20 minutes or until tender and golden. Remove and set aside.
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large saucepan of salted boiling water according to packet instructions or until al dente. Drain and return to the pan to keep warm. Place the bacon in a non-stick baking pan under a hot grill and cook for 3-5 minutes or until golden. Tear into large pieces.
- Step 3To serve, toss the pasta with the pumpkin, bacon, basil, pinenuts, ricotta and extra olive oil. Serve with shaved parmesan.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kate Murdoch
- Image credit: Luke Burgess
- Publication: Taste.com.au