2422 kj Energy
12g Fat Total
5g Saturated Fat
8g Carbs (sugar)
74g Carbs (total)
Penne and meatballsPrint Recipe
- 500g extra lean beef mince
- 1 medium zucchini, grated
- 1 small carrot, grated
- 1 small brown onion, grated
- 4 button mushrooms, grated
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese
- 800g can no-added-salt crushed tomatoes
- 375g penne rigate
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, to serve
Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Grease a 5cm-deep, 18cm x 20cm (base) baking dish.
Combine mince, zucchini, carrot, onion, mushroom and cheese in a bowl. Roll 1 tablespoon mixture into a ball. Place in prepared dish. Repeat with remaining mixture. Top with pasta sauce. Bake for 30 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through.
Meanwhile, cook pasta in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water, following packet directions, until tender. Drain. Divide pasta between plates. Top with meatball mixture. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve.
Super saver: Replace beef mince with pork and veal mince and save $2.50 in total.
Author: Emma Braz
Image credit: Ben Dearnley
Publication: Super Food Ideas