- 3 small Williams' pears, peeled, halved, cored
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2/3 cup (140g) caster sugar
- 40g butter, cubed
- 1 sheet (25cm) ready-rolled frozen puff pastry
- Thickened cream, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Place the pears in a large bowl and drizzle with lemon juice. Add 1/4 cup (55g) of the sugar and toss to combine.
- Step 2Place the remaining sugar in a small (15cm base measurement) ovenproof frying pan over low heat. Cook, stirring, for 5-7 minutes or until sugar dissolves and begins to caramelise. Arrange the pears around the pan and dot with butter. Cook for a further 5 minutes or until pears are just tender. Remove from heat.
- Step 3Place pastry sheet on a clean surface. Use a small, sharp knife to trim pastry to a 20cm round disc. Place over the pears, tucking any excess pastry underneath. Bake for 30 minutes or until pastry is golden brown and puffed. Remove from oven. Set aside for 10 minutes before turning onto a serving platter. Serve warm or at room temperature with cream.
- High fibre
- Low sodium
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Notebook: