- 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour, sifted
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 25g butter, melted
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup NESTLÉ BAKERS' CHOICE Dark CHOC BITS
- 410g can pear slices, drained, chopped
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 cups boiling water
- 50g butter, chopped
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Combine flour, sugar, butter, milk, choc chips and pear in a bowl. Stir until smooth. Spread into a 10-cup capacity ovenproof dish.
- Step 2Make sauce Combine sugar, boiling water and butter in a heatproof jug. Stir to combine. Pour sauce, over the back of a large metal spoon, over batter.
- Step 3Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until top is just set. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve.
- High carb
- High fibre
- High protein
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Super Food Ideas