- 4 yellow peaches
- 220g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 250ml (1 cup) thickened cream
- 60g slivered almonds
- 50g slivered pistachios*
- Thin cream, to serve
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 180°C. Grease a medium baking dish.
- Step 2Cut a cross into the base of each peach, then place the peaches in a bowl and pour over boiling water. Count to 20, then drain and plunge the peaches into iced water. Carefully peel off skins, discard and place peaches in the baking dish.
- Step 3Place the sugar and 2 tablespoons water in a saucepan over low heat, swirling the saucepan to dissolve the sugar. Cook for about 5 minutes until a golden caramel colour.
- Step 4Remove from heat and carefully add the cream (the caramel will spit and go hard). Return to the heat and cook until the sauce is smooth, then pour over the peaches.
- Step 5Sprinkle with the nuts and bake in oven for 15 minutes, basting once or twice during that time. Serve warm drizzled with the thin cream.
- High fibre
- High protein
- Low sodium
* From gourmet food stores.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Petrina Tinslay
- Publication: delicious.