- 200g unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 225g (1 1/2 cups) plain flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 250ml (1 cup) Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 2 (about 250g) peaches, halved, stones removed, thinly sliced
- Icing sugar, to dust
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C. Line the base and 2 long sides of a 20 x 30cm slice pan with non-stick baking paper, allowing the sides to overhang.
- Step 2Use an electric beater to beat the butter, sugar and vanilla in a large bowl until pale and creamy. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Step 3Sift the flour, baking powder and cinnamon into a bowl. Fold the flour mixture, alternately with the yoghurt, into the egg mixture until combined. Stir in two-thirds of the peach.
- Step 4Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan and smooth the surface. Arrange the remaining peach on top and press down slightly. Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes or until light golden and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.
- Step 5Set aside in pan for 5 minutes to cool then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Dust with icing sugar. Cut into pieces.
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Rob Palmer & Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Australian Good Taste