- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, partially thawed, halved
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
- 400g can sliced peaches in juice, drained
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- Low-fat custard, to serve
- Icing sugar mixture, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays with baking paper. Place pastry halves on trays. Sprinkle with almonds.
- Step 2Pat peaches dry with paper towel. Thinly slice. Arrange in two rows along each pastry half, leaving a 1cm border. Sprinkle with white sugar.
- Step 3Bake for 25 to 30 minutes or until pastry is golden and puffed. Dust with icing sugar. Serve peach galettes with custard.
- High fibre
- High protein
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
Variation: You could use 500g granny smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced, instead of peaches. Sprinkle with 2 teaspoons sugar before baking.
- Author: Dixie Elliott
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas